What We Do
We build broadcast media centers, named Seacrest Studios, in pediatric hospitals for patients to explore the creative realms of Radio, Television and New Media, that will aid in the healing process for children and their families during their stay.
We collaborate with local journalism schools providing patients/students with firsthand experience (through an internship program) in broadcasting, programming and operating a multimedia center.
Seacrest Studios are used to provide a variety of programming to the patients in the hospitals, whether they are physically in studio or watching through a closed-circuit network from their in-room TV screen. Some of the programming produced and broadcasted from our studios includes:
- Interviews and live performances by artists & celebrities
- DJ’s (a combination of interns/patients) hosting live radio shows and playing music (the patients and interns learn how to use all the equipment)
- Patients create music videos and shows by using the green screen in the studio
- Educational segments featuring presentations about science, history, art, dance, etc.
- Talk shows about sports & entertainment, as well as doctors using the studio to interact with the hospital community